Ford Endeavour 2.0 L BS VI with 10-speed AT is an absolute beast with more power, better efficiency and safer
|Vehicle||2020 Ford Endeavour BS-VI|
|Model||2.0 L EcoBlue Diesel Engine with new 10-speed automatic transmission|
|Titanium 4 x 2 AT||INR 29.55 Lakh|
|Titanium+ 4X2 AT||INR 31.55 Lakh|
|Titanium 4×4 AT||INR 33.25 Lakh|
|Mileage||4 x 2 -13.90 kmpl, 4 x 4 – 12.4 kmpl|
Our readers may not be very interested in anything that says more than what describes the new Ford Endeavour BS VI so this feature has been bulleted for easy read
- Ford is promising 14% improvement in fuel efficiency with the new 2.0L EcoBlue diesel engine. The new EcoBlue BS VI compliant engine, as per Ford, is going is complaint with the stringent emission norms and will offer more fuel efficiency. One thing about Ford dealers is that they tell you with honesty regarding fuel efficiency of the car you plan to invest in. So, when Ford says that 4X2 variants of the SUV will offer 13.90 KMPL while 4X4 variant to have 12.4 KMPL fuel efficiency, one should expect this to be an honest figure.
- The car churns out 170 PS power & 420 Nm torque which can propel the mammoth SUV through rough terrains. 20 per cent improvement in low-end torque gives the Endeavour the ability to travel on any terrain quite easily. If any off road track is machinely (not a dictionary word, but it sounds logical) possible to travel on, Ford Endeavour will be able to do it.
- Ford has introduced for the first time a 10-speed automatic transmission and SelectShiftÂ® technology. A 10-Speed gear box will proived smooth acceleration as it reduces gaps in available power & acceleration between gears. The new engine is more refined with a 4-decibel reduction while idling.
- The SUV will protect the occupants with up to seven airbags including airbags for knee protection.
- For convenience the SUV will sport Active Noise Cancellation and Parallel park assist among others.
- Ford is giving out the SUV at a discounted introductory price until 30 April which will be increased by up to INR 70000 1 May 2020 onwards.
- The new all LED head lamps will provide up to 20% greater lighting. This is a great feature in general and even more for night time travelers.
- Terrain Management System (TMS) will offer 4 preset modes â€“ Normal, Snow/Mud/Grass, Sand and Rock â€“ These modes alter the SUVs throttle response, transmission, the four-wheel-drive system and traction control.
- If you are planning to cross rivers and streams, this car can wade up to 800 mm of water. But flowing water is unpredictable so RPMD recommends that drivers should drive safely.
- Ford has a voice-enabled connectivity technology SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen and Apple CarPlay, Google Auto compatibility
- Panoramic sun-roof, covering up to 50% of the roof will give a view of the stars while you glide through any terrain.
- Power-fold third-row can hold up to 2,010 litres of cargo which is humengos space for any accessory you can think of.
- push start button, semi-auto parallel park assist, rear and front parking sensors, , automatic headlamps, hand-free power lift rear gate, DRLs, dual-zone automatic climate control, 8-way power-adjustable driver & front passenger seat, rear parking camera, automatic wipers
- Any true SUV which is made to travel on rough and uneven terrains should have hill assist and hill descent control and this SUV certainly offers this feature.
- 3-year or 100,000 KM factory warranty
Anurag Mehrotra, president & managing director, Ford India is riding the high horse as he says that Ford Endeavour is the only SUV in its segment which is going against the slowdown stream which the automobile industry is currently going through.
What defines the Ford Endeavour
When the Ford Endeavour was launched earlier with the new design dynamics, it gave the SUV a massive road presence which was difficult to ignore. And being American, this car will never fall short of power. The off-roading features of the SUV will perform when put in use. No doubt the competition in this 4×4 segment offers excellent options so deciding between them will no doubt be difficult but at the same time, this SUV has an attitude of being modern but without losing a connect from being a the ‘true’ SUV which made these massive utility and adventure vehicles so wanted in the first place.